[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Centrex !!

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Tue Jul 19 10:51:11 MST 2005

Michiel van Baak wrote:

>On 16:05, Sun 17 Jul 05, Krauss-Networks: Wolfgang Krauss wrote:
>

>>Hi together,
>>

>>Recently I made a post in the business section, but I am not really seeing
>>the reply of what is possible yet. What we want to do here is build an
>>Asterisk IP Centrex solution. That is easily scaleable. Please let me know
>>if you offer a solution or if you can develop a customized one.
>>

>>it really is astonishing what can be done with Asterisk. I have looked into
>>some GUI tools but I am still looking for an Asterisk Centrex solution. What
>>concepts do you have? Preferred vendor?
>>
>>I need would need an Asterisk Centrex solution for a project where in the
>>first step about 25 branch offices should be connected (each office 4-7
>>phones). What I would like to offer our customer is a VOIP solution for the
>>branches.
>>
>>1.         This would mean providing accounting / administration in the
>>backend for us as the operator.
>>
>>2.         Provide a GUI for the branch office as how extensions should be
>>distributed
>>
>>3.         Provide a GUI for the individual user to manage his own extension
>>/ voicemail / etc,
>>

>>Would be great if you could give me a feedback.
>>

>Hi,
>
>I'm doing something like that too, but we do all the config
>for the users using ssh and vim.
>Right now I'm testing RealTime. When that is working the way
>I want I'll develop a php API to manage all aspects of
>RealTime data in the database. This will also include
>several levels of authentication etc.
>I'll keep you'll updated on the progress.

I'm in development of something like this as well.  We have a functional
ssytem in operation and an online demo (please contact me directly if
you want to see it).  It has all the requirements you list above.  The
system is designed to grow from 1 server to many servers, with built-in
fail-over, load balancing, and allows server specialization (centralized
voicemail server, specialized conference servers, etc.)

Currently, the Three layer operational system is complete, meaning you
can manage the system as the owner, as a partitioned customer, and as an
end user.  We are currently working on the cluster management module,
and the billing module.  We will be adding an ITSP module as well in the
very near future.

-Chris