[Asterisk-Dev] new to Asterisk, is it possible to call two external lines and connect them using two channels

Robert Bachan robtrinibachan at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 09:42:55 MST 2005

Hi All,
I am just looking at using Asterisk now and the first thing I need to do is via pass two external numbers to asterisk and call out connecting the calls togther. I've been reading on call out files and the manager API. I can see how to call an external number and bridge it to an extension. Do I have to run an application on that extension to then dial the second external number and then they both connect?
Many Thanks in advance guys
Robert