[Asterisk-Dev] Fwd: Server side call waiting for SIP

Jean-Hugues ROBERT jean_hugues_robert at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 00:27:37 MST 2005

Hello,

It is not obvious to do I guess.
If the channel to the SIP phone is in a Dial commmand in
the dialplan, one complex solution would be to redirect
it to a Meetme me room in quiet mode and then play a call waiting tone
in that room (probably using some local channel dialed
into the meetme room and used only for playing media in
the room). When the user should switch, things would be
more or less complex depending on what happens to both
calls (the first & the second). It get worse if there
are multiple calls waiting.
I would be interested to hear about any  simpler solution.