[Asterisk-Dev] Problem with chan_zap.c rev 1.462 -> 1.463

Thomas Andrews tandrews at grok.co.za
Fri Jul 15 12:23:22 MST 2005

Hi Kevin,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 10:32:52AM +0200, Thomas Andrews wrote:

> I made a patch for this. http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4706

Thanks for putting the patch into CVS. I'm having some difficulty
understanding your explanation of the line that you omitted:

"I did not modify app_dial, since deciding whether the channel is busy
or not would then fall to the dialplan writer."

Surely the logic is the other way around ? If you omit to set
AST_STATE_BUSY in app_dial.c then the dialplan writer would *have* to
call Busy() to set it, so he'd have to check if ${DIALSTATUS} == BUSY
first, and then call Busy() accordingly ?

I can't find any adverse effects with app_dial.c patched, so I'm trying
to understand what you are inferring.

Sorry to dwell on this, but I *really* do want to improve my
understanding of the code here.

Regards,
Thomas