[Asterisk-Dev] I'm sorry

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jul 15 03:58:25 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 01:22 +0200, Sergio Serrano wrote:
> Hi guys,
>     I'm sorry for my autoresponder holiday message. It has activated
> without my permission and I have solved the problem. I hope that you
> can
> forgive me.

Please don't just turn the autoresponder off -- make sure the software
is fixed _properly_ so that it won't ever happen again.

It should never send a response to any address other than the SMTP
reverse-path of the mail it receives, and in this case that would have
been the list software at 'asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com'
instead of the list itself.

Also, it should always sends its responses with an empty reverse-path of
their own, to prevent any further responses or bounces from being
triggered.

It's generally best not to post HTML mail either.

--
dwmw2