[Asterisk-Dev] Anyone tried Asterisk with Nokia PTT technology.

Alex lists-asterisk-dev at offshoredrive.com
Thu Jul 14 14:17:16 MST 2005

I have finally found PTT (PoC) specifications.
It turned out to be much more complex thing, based on SIP.

White papers can be found at  Open Mobile Allicance PoC workgroup
page at:  http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/wg_committees/poc.html

(see "Public avaible documents" link)

Implementation of all this stuff will take a lot of time and knowledge.
I;m not sure anyone here got that much time :-)

A.

> i would be interested to know the result.
>
> we have a univeristy project going on to make this
>
> Rehan
>

> > PTT is so called "PushToTalk" it is a kind of virtual 2-way walkie
> > talkies inmplemented with VoIP over GPRS. Nokia insists it is using
> > "standarts based" SIP technlogy. I have Googled, but found nothing.
> >
> > When my phone (6230i) is trying to register to * it is always getting
> > "401 Unautorized".
> >
> > Anyone got any experiences with PTT?
> > It would be nice if * will support it. I guess there are some
> > extensions that will be needed to handle PTT correctly.
> >
> > This is "sip debug" of phone trying to register with *
> >

> > Cheers, Alex.

[skipped]

OffshoreDrive.com - alex at offshoredrive.com
secure online storage and content delivery solutions