[Asterisk-Dev] DIAL_PRESERVE_CALLERID logic (Dial() option 'o')

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jul 13 11:40:31 MST 2005

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> Wouldn't this be a tiny bit less confusing if we referred to it as the
> CALLEDID and not CALLERID?  Might we make that one letter
> change to the variable name?

The permanent solution is to not try to use the same variable for two
different purposes. We actually need to store the ID of the caller that
created this channel, and the ID this channel should use when it creates
channels. Secondarily, the ID of the connected caller should be updated
when the connected channel changes, but that's even more work :-)