[Asterisk-Dev] rfc: loader tweak: optional subdir

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Jul 13 09:14:18 MST 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 10:29:35AM -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> >Implementing that part in loader.c seems rather simple, once I figure
> >out how exactly I want to pass the value. loader.c does not have its own
> >config file and I don't suppose that there's any sense in adding one
> >just for that. An extra value in asterisk.conf? env var? both sound a
> >bit extreme.
>
> In asterisk.conf, you can do ...
>
> [directories]
>
> astmoddir=/...

I'm not sure I follow you:

You suggest that I change the modules directory to, say,
/usr/lib/asterisk/i686 for i686

Obviously, I won't have two copies of all the modules. So I suppose that
some of the modules in /usr/lib/asterisk/i686 will be symlinks to ../

This makes the whole story much more complicated. For instance, if I had
a simple add-on package of spandsp that dropped a little .so file into
/usr/lib/asterisk , now I have to add to it a post-install procedure to
check for all the subdirectories of /usr/lib/asterisk and potentially
add symlinks.

In short: definetly not the right place to place it.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com