[Asterisk-Dev] DIAL_PRESERVE_CALLERID logic (Dial() option 'o')

Russell Bryant russelb at clemson.edu
Wed Jul 13 08:13:26 MST 2005

Thomas Andrews wrote:
> I can't think of any situation where you would *not* want the 'o' flag.

This is a confusing situation ...

It is important to note that the callerid that is being changed is the
callerid of the *called* channel, not the *calling* channel.  The issue
is that there is not a reliable way to know what the callerid of the
*called* channel should be, aside from a 'hint' in the dialplan.

Otherwise, without this new behavior, the *called* channel's callerid
will be the same as the callerid of the *calling* channel.  This is
obviously incorrect behavior.

The behavior we have now is surely more accurate than it was before.

Russell