[Asterisk-Dev] code theft again?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Wed Jul 13 01:02:47 MST 2005

Den 13. jul. 2005 kl. 08.20 skrev Tzafrir Cohen:

> Call me naive, but I'd mainly like to see companies copmplying with
> the
> license (and contributing their changes back to the community). Law
> suits are just one way of forcing them to do so. They should be
> used as
> a last resort *after* the company has been contacted and has been made
> aware of the fact that complying with the license isn't normaly that
> difficult.
> <snip/>

I sent them an email asking what they were running on their boxes, as
it looked rather like asterisk. I haven't got any answer yet.

I emailed digium about it and got an immediate answer, they being
interested in how I could know if they were running asterisk, so I
somehow doubt they have a license. someone anonymous on irc had
gotten his hands on their code and it was all s/asterisk/goldenpbx/gi
plus copyrights removed... license file still read gpl

roy