[Asterisk-Dev] code theft again?

Steven critch at basesys.com
Tue Jul 12 22:12:19 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 19:02 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>
> > But since we have granted Digium a license to relicense the code to
> > other parties, under other licenses, we need Digium to provide notice
> > that they have not granted such a license before we can reasonably
> > take action to enforce our rights under the GPL.
>
> Agreed, I'm not disputing that. I don't think that information would be
> publicly available, though, so you'd have to contact the product
> licensing manager directly to be involved.

I think we should use our community to the benefit of enforcement by
being kept in the loop about infringers not playing nicely. It would be
very easy for a large number of us to file suit in our jurisdiction
simultaneously. Even if we didn't prosecute hard, the cost of defending
a 30-50 lawsuits in 20 or more jurisdictions would bankrupt a smallish
business, or at least force them to come clean quickly.

--
Steven Critchfield
critch at basesys.com
KI4KTY