[Asterisk-Dev] code theft again?

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Tue Jul 12 14:04:27 MST 2005

>> As it stands, we're left wondering if we should file lawsuits
>> independently of Digium for these copyright violations.
>
>Aren't you required to sign over all rights to the code to
>Digium so they can sell it under non-GPL?  If so, I doubt
>you could file a lawsuit independently of Digium if you
>no longer own the copyright.

Well, hey, anyone can sue for anything :).

The main issue would be that the target company could reply and show that
Digium has given them a license, or that the code is from Digium (since
Digium has dual copyright, right?). And I guess that's what the issue is:
Some people wanting to know what Digium has done.

-Michael