[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Recent RFC2833 issues.

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Tue Jul 12 03:36:29 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
>
>> When is the Feature Freeze for CVS-HEAD?
>

> It has not been decided, and likely won't be decided until after Mark
> returns from Europe, but personally I'm shooting for a feature freeze
> towards the latter part of this month, with the goal of releasing 1.2
> some time during August.

During the lead-up to 1.0.0 release the Feature Freeze happened close to
  the release.  It seemed that there was not much time for people to
finish up projects that they wanted to submit for inclusion.

You might want to consider announcing the feature freeze 30 days before
it takes effect, in order to make sure people that are working on things
that are not ready to be submitted to the bugtracker have time to do so.

Also, as I'm sure you know, it can sometimes take a month or more for a
patch to be approved to inclusion.

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120