[Asterisk-Dev] Unable to load sip.conf

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jul 8 07:39:05 MST 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:30:10AM +0000, amit mishra wrote:
> Hi Asterisk Group Members,
> I am  a new member to this Asterisk society .
> I am fascinated with the asterisk concept and so has started looking
> into  its usage.
>
> I have installed it into my machine. When I try to  execute it , it
> shows an error in chan_sip.c: Unable to load  config sip.conf.
> I tried to reload it on the command prompt with " reload sip"
>  but to no help.........

Maybe you'll get more information is you set verbosity:

  set verbose 3

in the Asterisk CLI.

Do you run asterisk as root or as a user?

Please give the output of the following two command:

  ls -ld /etc/asterisk /etc/asterisk/sip.conf

In the linux CLI.

What version of Asterisk? What distribution?

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com