[Asterisk-Dev] need help: how do I get the channel info for a call on a particular extension

Swapna Gupta sgupta at vertmarkets.com
Tue Jul 5 11:50:13 MST 2005

Hi,

I am a newbie to Asterisk& VOIP. Since the "Monitor on demand" feature
doesn't seem to be available yet, I am trying to create a webpage where
the user would click on a button to start recording the current call.
All I need to do is be able to pass on the Monitor command to the
Asterisk Manager API. But for this command, I need to figure out the
Channel no./id that the current user's call is on. I have the phone
extension, and based on that I need to get the channel number. I have
looked everywhere I could think of, but in vain. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Swapna Gupta
Vertmarkets Inc.