[Asterisk-Dev] Recent CVS-HEAD breaks SIP Registration

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Sun Jul 3 11:36:31 MST 2005

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 steve at daviesfam.org wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 asterisk at ntplx.net wrote:
>
> > Ever since the utils.c code "cleanup/upgrade" I have been having a lot
> > of problems too. Even with the current CVS head my SIP registrations will
> > only mostly work but then fail after a while (hours). Broadvoice seems to
> > have to most problems for me.
> >
> > At least it's not crashing any more, thoes bugs seem to have been cured.
> >
> > I've gone back to a good working copy: "cvs update -D 6/17/05"
> > while I get ready for a week out of the office.
>
> I just been testing mass SIP registrations and have noticed a bug where
> Asterisk will stop registering.
>
> I'll have a fix on the bug tracker later in the day.

OK - please see bug 4634 which explains a bug with chan_sip
registrations and includes a patch.

The effect of the bug is that chan_sip will permanently fail a
registration and stop trying it the very first time it gets a failure
after its been running for a while.

The failure may be as simple as a lost packet causing the registration not
to complete.

Hopefully the fix patch will get applied promptly.

Regards,
Steve