[Asterisk-Dev] Q.931 SERVice messages

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Sat Jan 29 05:26:33 MST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Olle E. Johansson waxed:

> C. Maj wrote:
>
> > If you want to try the patch, it adds CLI commands:
> > "zap service enable|disable|loop channel <chan num>"
> > (Very similar to the Cisco IOS Dial Technologies command:
> > "isdn service <chan num> state 0|1|2")
> If I don't misunderstand you fully, this is a PRI command. Why
> not re-use the CLI pri family of commands, inspired by
> "pri debug" ...
>
> Just a thought from the syntax nazi... :-)

I guess I didn't think about that, but those pri commands
are more span-based than these service messages.  But in
other vendor implementations, supplying channel 0 will
actually put the whole span into service.  So there's room
to add such a "pri service span x" in the future.  At first,
it was just easier to use the channel/trunk/span selection
logic in chan_zap in order to focus on the B-Channels.

Also, the patch has been put into the bug tracker #3450

Thanks,
--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester