[Asterisk-Dev] Debugging: selectable feature?

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at ritstele.com
Fri Jan 28 01:02:11 MST 2005

asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:

> I find myself wading through very long trails of debugging logs for
> Asterisk calls, which is terribly difficult (impossible?) when there
> are high volumes of calls on a system.

What I'm using a lot is less, more specifically the search and highlight
facility. We're in a SIP only environment so I'm not sure how this works
with ZAP etc.

We're logging at a pretty high level, so we've got pretty big logfiles.

Every logfile looks a bit like this:
Jan 28 00:00:35 VERBOSE[151617550]:     -- Goto (some-context,s,1)

When I'm gathering oinformation a call from / to an extension, I will
search for the extension number, when I find a logline with the corect
extension number in it, I select the number between the two brackets
(see example) and use that to search.

This works pretty well.

--
Andreas Sikkema                Rits tele.com
Van Vollenhovenstraat 3    3016 BE Rotterdam