[Asterisk-Dev] Re: is this a bug?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Jan 26 19:49:26 MST 2005

On January 26, 2005 09:35 pm, Brian West wrote:
> For the sake of jesus.. use safe_asterisk...

I didn't know heaven used VOIP.  :-)

Honestly I didn't even look at safe_asterisk because of its connotations to
mysqld_safe -- I've never had much issue with * dying on me but it's
something I should look in to.  I certainly don't worry about scripts like
this for my postfix, courier, postgres, samba, apache, tftp nor ldap
servers...

If the thing falls over, I want to know why, not have it come back up right
away and mask the problem.  If the thing fell over when I'm on vacation or
sleeping, the person who is on call in my absence will do it.  Sure you can
email that it died at such-and-such a time but I find that those kinds of
notices tend to get swept under the rug since "it's working now."

That's just me though...

-A.