[Asterisk-Dev] Onboard Video

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Wed Jan 26 15:39:28 MST 2005

Alen Miketic wrote:
> Has anybody successfully tested a P4 motherboard using an onboard video
> adapter with Asterisk, and if so, which one(s)?  I'm building a couple
> of 1U Asterisk servers and the 1 PCI slot is being allocated to the
> Digium card.

This is not really a -dev question, it's a -users question.

In any case, nearly everyone running Asterisk on a 1U or a 2U server is
using on-board video. Did you mean to say "chipset integrated video"
(that shares the system RAM), as opposed to a dedicated video chip? Our
Dell 1750 servers have on-board video, but it's an ATI Rage XL chip with
its own RAM.