[Asterisk-Dev] is this a bug?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Wed Jan 26 08:48:50 MST 2005

Chris Wade wrote:

> Please, we've digressed OT here - lets allow this horse to die please.
> As I stated in a previous post, if the -user can reproduce the crash,
> post it on mantis after the -user list reviews his config files.

Does the horse respond to ^C ?

I would think that if it is reproducible, you should get the same
results with ^C as you get using the kill command to send the signal. I
would consider segfaulting be a bug. The rest is wishlist. I don't type
^C or send the signal without a good reason for doing so. In so many
cases the reason for doing so is due to a real bug that prevents me from
shutting down the preferred way. In some of those cases I wind up having
to send SIGKILL anyway. If the program is running on windows 98 I kick
the reset button really hard.

Paul