[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk mailing lists.

Jerris, Michael MI mjerris at ofllc.com
Wed Jan 26 06:42:26 MST 2005

I personally like Asterisk-HEAD and renaming the users list
Asterisk-STABLE.  The issue is how do we get Dev to really be a source
code based forum, not the place people go to discuss bugs?

Asterisk-STABLE:  discussion of configuration, bugs, and issues with
Asterisk Stable branch.  If you run stable and are having a problem,
post here.
Asterisk-HEAD:  discussion of configuration, bugs, and issues with
Asterisk HEAD branch.  If you run HEAD and are having a problem, post
here.  Maybe also a place to discuss new feature requests without
attached patches to support, or does that belong in DEV?  I am guessing
here because there will be a high signal:noise on these as many are
really "How do I do x" when it comes down to it that it should probably
stay here.
Asterisk-Dev:  Discussion of sourcecode, API's, features in development,
issues currently in Mantis and such,
not for bug reports (even if it is an "issue in the code"), operational
questions, or feature requests without code?

Comments?

Mike