[Asterisk-Dev] Re: is this a bug?

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Tue Jan 25 15:05:00 MST 2005

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
> Chris Wade <clwade at sparco.com> writes:
>

>>So exactly why is this a bug?
>

> Gee, maybe because we don't normally expect applications to stop with:
>
> | free(): invalid pointer 0x80fad68!
> | Segmentation fault
>
> :-)
>
> -tih

Don't shoot the messenger here, I responded to the message - as did
everyone else - that was stating '-c' meant 'color'.  I also responded
to the why asterisk stopped when you handed it a ^C - again as did
everyone else.

Now exactly why it stopped in that way for you, well, if you can
reproduce it every time, then by all means that debug output above
should be posted - along with every step needed to reproduce the
condition - on Mantis.

Otherwise - as I stated already, don't shoot the messenger for
responding to a statement of mis-information by correcting it without
responding to the actual problem - which may indeed be a bug.  The 'so
exactly why is this a bug' statement was aimed at the - documented -
behavior of asterisk in responding to ^C.

-Chris

PS. don't read my message wrong - I mean no injury or insult to anyone -
just adding my (hopefully refundable) $0.02 :)