[Asterisk-Dev] Re: is this a bug?

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at eunetnorge.no
Tue Jan 25 14:49:11 MST 2005

Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> writes:

> Anybody who runs a daemon process in the foreground under an xterm
> window from Windows should expect Ctrl-C to interrupt their process.

OK, I'm not a Windows person -- I use UNIX.  When I run an application
that gives me a command prompt with command line editing and special
handling of control characters, I *don't* expect it to crash with a
pointer referencing exception upon reception of ^C.  If that's what
Windows applications do, fine.  It's not what you expect under UNIX.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway Hosting
www.eunet.no  T +47-22092958 M +47-93013940 F +47-22092901 FWD 484145