[Asterisk-Dev] is this a bug?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Jan 25 13:28:51 MST 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 12:52, Kenneth Long wrote:
> thanks... but this is not the point I'm really
> asking... copying is not the issue...
>
> I'm worried about the invalid pointer message.
>
> The ctrl-c crashes Asterisk in xterm.
>
> I wish such commands would not so easily crash it.
>
> Is the crash "normal" behavior?

It's not a crash; it's an interrupt.  You specifically asked Asterisk to
interrupt, and Asterisk obeyed.  If you would like to set another key
to be terminal interrupt, you can.  For example,

bash$ stty intr ^

will change the interrupt key from Ctrl-C to ^, which might be something
you'd be less likely to use.  To change it back without exiting, type:
'stty intr <Ctrl-V><Ctrl-C>'

--
Tilghman