[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk download mirrors

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Tue Jan 25 12:32:50 MST 2005

Hello,

I was doing a new install today and went to download the tarballs for
asterisk and it took about a half hour just to log in to
ftp.digium.com/ftp.asterisk.org This is not a new experience, this happens
most times I am doing a new install and need to download the latest version.

Is there any reason that someone cannot create a Sourceforge account for
asterisk and upload the files there so that multiple worldwide mirrors will
be available to download the current release?

If none of the core developers(like Digium) will do this, would there be any
problems with me creating a project on sourceforge just to be able to use
their network of mirrors for better dissimination of the asterisk code?

I would hopefully get core developers to be admins for the SF project so
they could post new releases themselves if they would like to.

Would Digium link to a SF project page for downloads if there was one?

Thanks,

MATT---