[Asterisk-Dev] is this a bug?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jan 25 10:59:01 MST 2005

Hello -user question from a windows user.

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 09:14 -0800, Kenneth Long wrote:
> I'm launching Asterisk on a xterm session.
> I wanted to highlight some text and out of
> habit I did a ctrl-C. That reliably and consistantly
> shuts down Asterisk with a invalid pointer.
> Same error message everytime.

Ctrl-c is actually an interupt. Windows users needed easy to remember
shortcuts, thats why you are used to ctrl-c.

> Some other Ctrl- key sequences lock the session, too.
> like ctrl-S.

>From terminal days, ctrl-s is flow control stop. ctrl-q is what you use
to restart from a ctrl-s.

Most terminals should automatically copy on select. You will find unix
traditions are full of as short as can be short cuts. Select implies
copy and middle click pastes. Click select click and your done.