[Asterisk-Dev] correct debug method/steps..

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Jan 24 10:36:57 MST 2005

hey gang,
 I was recently made aware of calls comming into our box via PRI getting
fast busys. So I checked the usual stuff and got this:

pri_dchannel: Ring requested on channel 0/2 already in use on span 1.
Hanging up owner.

asterisk*CLI> show channels
                       Channel  (Context                   Extension
Pri  )   State Appl.            Data
0 active channel(s)
Jan 24 10:12:34 WARNING[9128]: channel.c:472 ast_channel_walk_locked:
Avoided initial deadlock for 'Zap/5-1', 10 retries!

[root at asterisk html]# lsmod
wct1xxp                13856  23
zaptel                182304  68  [wct1xxp]

I've compiled asterisk with 'make valgrind' and I enabled thread debugging.
But what is the next step? I'm guessing that I need to attach gdb to the
running asterisk process, but what is the correct way to do that? What do I
do after I connect gdb?

Aparently somehow the dchannel went out of service. Is there any PRI logging
that I could use to find out why it dropped? The PRI comes from our own
carrier switch that is litterally 10 feet away and AFAIK it has no logging
on it.

doing a 'service asterisk restart' followed by 'service zaptel restart'
seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks,
Matthew