[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 trunk really should send timestamps as part of iax2_meta_trunk_entry..

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jan 21 06:02:29 MST 2005

On January 20, 2005 10:25 pm, Steve Kann wrote:
> I'd probably call the option "trunktimestamps", and make the default be
> yes.  It would, in theory be "compatible" either way (the timestamps
> would just be ignored by older implementations).

heh; trunktimestamps doesn't seem to be clear enough -- the trunks already
have timestamps...  perhaps  trunktimestamps=pertrunk or
trunktimestamps=perchannel or something?

> If you want to save even more, use a slightly larger trunkfreq; like
> 60ms or so: Right now,   this might or might not work depending on what
> you're doing, but with this change, it should work fine.

With the larger trunkfreq (god that's a bad name, it's *not* the trunking
frequency, it's the trunking period) you lose more on a dropped frame though
-- all a balancing act.  :-)

-A.