[Asterisk-Dev] Zaptel channel architecture

Frederic Paolucci fpaolucci at call.fr
Thu Jan 20 09:46:31 MST 2005

Hello,

I would like to add video support to meetme for a e-learning project. What I
want to do is quite "simple" : the video streaming from one attendee (the
teacher) is sent to all other attendees (students) ; there's no other video
stream.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but my idea would be to modify zaptel channel
(chan_zap.c and ztdummy.c) in order to add video support to that channel (ie
make it support AST_FORMAT_H263).

Unfortunately, I couldn't find out any document concerning zaptel channel
architecture, and its' not so simple understanding how it works (for
example, I could not find out which functions handle audio streams).

Could you give me a piece of information concerning zaptel channel
architecture?

Thanks,
Frédéric Paolucci