[Asterisk-Dev] Patching flags to bitfield structs

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Thu Jan 20 02:38:31 MST 2005

No, I'm referring to using macros instead of structs to set options. i.e.:

if (ast_test_flag(&foo, MY_BAR))

versus

if (foo.mybar)

As I understand, it was moved from a bunch of ints ("if (foo_mybar)") to the
flag macros, which works if you need a portable (i.e., not just inprocess)
bitfield, but doesn't really help if you just wanna keep track of settings
without wasting memory.

-Michael