[Asterisk-Dev] Patching flags to bitfield structs

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Wed Jan 19 23:03:57 MST 2005

Michael Giagnocavo wrote:

> So, I'll volunteer to rewrite the flagified code that only uses flags to
> save memory. This isn't making the code "inconsistent". It's making it
> consistent with the intent of the variables. So, if I'm volunteering, and
> make the changes, would this get any traction? Or will I just be wasting my
> time?

As I said in the previous thread, this would get my vote. I think the
best course of action is to make the changes to a single module
(chan_sip would be ideal, but it's big and it's somewhat hard to keep
track of as it gets a lot of changes) and demonstrate to everyone
exactly how beneficial this would be. Make a patch, post it to Mantis,
and all the interested parties can express their opinions.