[Asterisk-Dev] Excellent opportunity for carrier class ASTERISK!

Stephan Monette monettes at unlimitel.ca
Wed Jan 19 22:43:31 MST 2005

Everyone,

I'm a user of Asterisk and I'm also using 6x Versatel EdgeIQ VoIP
gateways for our voice network to inter-connect with Asterisk servers.

For the last two months, I'v been trying to convince Versatel Networks
to consider having a group of developers to make Asterisk run on the
Versatel Networks Carrier Class VoIP Gateway. Versatel has agreed to get
Asterisk to run on their gateways.

So if the Asterisk developers group is interested, I can have a complete
Versatel gateway made available for you to test your code on this
system. This would be a natural path to upgrade from the Digium's 4xT1
card to a 16xT1 system and more!

Would this be of any interests to the developpers? If so, let me know
and I will arrange to have the system available and also to make the
managed API documentation available to the developers.

With Asterisk running on Versatel's gateways, we will be able to scale
from 4x T1 to 170x T1 and 2000 VoIP channels!!!

Thank you for your interests.

Stephan Monette

Unlimitel Inc.