[Asterisk-Dev] TDB & TDMoE

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Wed Jan 19 08:15:24 MST 2005

Hi folks,

Maybe someone has the answer to a question which was put to me
today....

The background to this which many of the answers I will admit I simple
don't know involved a wholesale ISP which current is thinking of
putting their own switches in to talk to our main/largest/incumbent
telco (telstra - australia). I didn't dare bring up things like SS7 (as
I really couldn't explain enough to this particular person. He recently
moved most of his data interfacing from HSSI to ATM and in thelarger
areas moving to direct Ethernet. which then led to discussion of
ethernet interfacing....

So if normal Telco switches talk TDM, why can't he interface with TDMoE
?

So are any of the major switches (Ericsson, Lucent, Siemens) capable of
TDMoE ?

There has been previous discussion of using OC3 etc, which led to these
thoughts/questions :-)

Gary
.