[Asterisk-Dev] whee, floating point exception with app_rxfax

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Jan 13 11:20:54 MST 2005

On January 13, 2005 12:10 pm, Steve Underwood wrote:
> It has failed in process_baud, but that is a fairly big routine doing a
> lot of floating point. V.27ter is the slow modem, used for the 2400 and
> 4800bps FAX modes. That is not used that much, so it has received less
> user testing than the V.29 code. It has been tested just as thoroughly
> here, though, and I never had a failure. Is this failure repeatable? If
> so, you need to build the code with the -g option to GCC, so it will
> tell you the actual source code line at which the error occured.

it has debugging symbols, I think I just need to tell gdb where to find the
source to it.

It might be reproducable, I need to track down the callerid and try to contact
them to see if they can send it again.  :-)

> BTW: 261 FAXes is nothing. Some people have told me they put huge
> volumes through this software. :-)

I wasn't saying it was significant volume, only that I've received many faxes
successfully through this software without a crash.

-A.