[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 7 17:46:31 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 16:14 -0600, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> Remember there is a
> difference between dumb and lazy. Dumb can be cured with knowledge, lazy
> isn't likely to stop asking dumb questions.

"What can I tell you, Kid? You're right. When you're right, you're
right, and you're right." J.J. Gittes, Chinatown.

In other words, if I had been putting up with mails like "* won't
start, please help" I'd have probably shot myself years ago. In the
foot of course, to generate business for the health care rather than
the undertaker business.

All I tried to say was there might be reasons to keep up the effort.
How do other lists manage things like this? Is there a way to politely
enforce policies without putting to much workload on a single or few
persons, as moderation would likely imply? I've no experience in this
area myself, but I'll keep thinking and maybe do some inquiries, and
when I feel something reasonable comes up I'll check back.

Regards, Bruno.