[Asterisk-Dev] VoIP Call Sniffer

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 15:59:56 MST 2005

I've seen a similar program that also sniffs G.729.  In fact, the codec
you are sniffing has no effect on the performance of the sniffer, if you
are willing to decode the calls later.

Anyone who is worried about this should see http://www.openswan.org

I'm sure you could feed output from tcpdump or ethereal into something
like this, to get raw compressed audio:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/IRT/software/rtptools/

You would then take the raw compressed audio and feed it into a command
line decoder for G.729/G.723.1/iLBC/whatever, and you would get a WAV file.