[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Fri Jan 7 14:30:44 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On January 7, 2005 03:27 pm, Steve Clark wrote:
>
>>>Incorrect, non responses breed more noise as too many newbies turn right
>>>around and repost due to a perceived failure. Plus you haven't laid down
>>>any acceptable ground rules as to what is tolerated. So you slide down
>>>the slope into ever increasing noise.
>

>>And you know this how?
>

> Don't be an ass -- it's been demonstrated time and time again.
>
> -A.

I been a subscriber to the LKML since 1997 and NEWBIE questions don't get the
denigrating answers like the responses I see on this list. Have you really
measured the S/N ratio or is it just a gut feel? How long did you let not
responding go on?

Steve

PS: I wasn't being an ASS! People all the time make statements with no factual
backing!

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)