[Asterisk-Dev] RFC: Moderating the Asterisk Mailing Lists

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 6 19:56:59 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 20:25 -0500, Mike M wrote:
[snip]
> If there is moderation I suggest that all calls for moderation be
> moderated.

I respectfully disagree as imho it should always be possible to have an
open discussion in the community. Practically, the volume on -users
continues to skyrocket up to a point where lkml is easier to keep up
with than the -users list unless you have several hours/day available to
read all -users posts including the significant amount of noise. Perhaps
a split of the -users list into a -stable list and -head list could
help. Or introduce a gentle form of Debian/BSD style newbie handling :)
Leif's moderation system is an interesting idea though I wonder how
other booming OSS projects handle this situation. Anyone have an idea?

Regards,
Patrick