[Asterisk-Dev] Global IP Sound/NetEQ

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Wed Jan 5 14:14:57 MST 2005

GIPS is the name of the company. They have several products.

"neteq" is actually their jitterbuffer..

I haven't seen it, but I read their whitepapers describing it's
functionality. Basically, the jitterbuffer I've implemented should be
comparable. We couldn't use theirs anyway, without:

a) Licensing it,
b) making more GPL-exceptions (unless they were to GPL it).
c) doing all the work of integration.

It is currently integrated with iaxclient, and just needs to be
integrated into asterisk; The work to do this would be the same, more or
less (I haven't seen their API)(*), with "neteq" or my jitterbuffer.

I've discussed on this list before what needs to be done, as well as
extensive discussion on the iaxclient mailing list.

There's even a bug for it in mantis, but it's closed, and I cannot
reopen it or add comments to it.

(*) I've just now taken a look at the API, and I'd have to say, it's
probably a lot easier to integrate my jitterbuffer as opposed to theirs.

-SteveK