[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk with MySQL

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Wed Jan 5 08:07:52 MST 2005

When do you want to perform authentication? Registration or on placing call?
If it's placing call, I use the mysql addon that you can checkout from cvs by
doing cvs checkout asterisk-addons. The application is called
app_addon_sql.mysql. It can be called from your dialplan and you could
possibly perform queries based on the ${CALLERIDNAME}, depending on how you
plan to authenticate. There are plenty of creative ways to do authentication
and the addon MYSQL allows you to perform authentication in your dialplan.

--
Brian Wilkins
Software Engineer
brian at hcc.net