[Asterisk-Dev] Bug Tracker / Feature Requests (my take)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Jan 3 09:39:11 MST 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 00:23, Dinesh Nair wrote:
> On 03/01/2005 14:12 Leif Madsen said the following:
> > I think all your ideas were quite valid and should be explored further.
>
> if the gurus are willing to prepare slides and to speak, i'd be more than
> glad to arrange/coordinate the logistics for the above. so what say all ?

Prepare slides?  While many of us would be happy to speak, the moment you
suggest that we need to prepare slides, it becomes a heavy task.
Presentations are not things that we whip out at a moment's notice; in fact,
the way that many developers work, the presentation would be obsolete 2
hours after it were created, as it is likely to inspire a fresh coding effort
to fix whatever issue was discussed in the slides.  In fact, my experience has
been that the slide never got finished before the new code was written.

If someone would like to prepare slides based on a developer conference and
present new stuff to newbies, that's certainly doable.  But proposing more
work for the gurus (many of whom already spend their free time coding on
Asterisk) is not a workable solution.

--
Tilghman