[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Source Code Intensive - Proposal forAstricon

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Mon Jan 3 00:27:36 MST 2005

asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Brian West said the following in another thread:
>> Leif and I have done one on one code/doc writing line by line in some
>> cases.

And we've done one one one talking/writing. The guy with the fast mouth
talks, the guy with the fast fingers types.

> And Jim Van Meggelen said in another thread:
>> You know what, if we could pick an app and pick the brains of the dev
>> team as to what it does, we could possibly have a weekly conference
>> call of, say and hour or two, go through it line by line, and
>> document the code as the minutes of the meeting. Nothing heavy, just
>> a few lines per night - no more than an hour. Betcha we'd end up
>> with an awesome amount of source code comments. Once started, it'll
>> become much easier to maintain.
>
> I think this is a fantastic idea.  Have someone "in the know"
> lead the conference call, have someone dedicated to the
> actual writing of the documentation (someone with fast typing
> skills),

Oh, you hadda bring that up, eh?

> and the others would participate in the conference
> either as silent observers or actively speaking.  Certain
> people will obviously choose how to participate.
>
> As Brian said... start at A and document to Zed.

yeah. Zed!

Could we actually record these calls as well, and publish them somewhere
so people can listen?

Might be an awesome way to distribute knowledge.