[Asterisk-Dev] Features requests on bugs.digium.com

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sat Jan 1 04:52:38 MST 2005

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Josh Roberson wrote:

> Pardon me, but we do not aggressively close them.  We set guidelines,
> and the guidelines must be followed.   The fact of the matter is, this
> project stands way outside the norm already.

I beg to differ. I have seen quite correct bug fixes that get closed since
one of the bug marshals has misunderstood some aspect. Sometimes the
poster reopens the bug and explains his viewpoint. Sometimes it takes 2-3
reopens until the message gets across and the bug fix is applied.

The current practice of closing the bugs without giving the poster a
chance to agree is a bit discouraging to people getting involved with
Asterisk. It would not cost a lot more to mark the bug as "close pending"
and let the poster(s) agree or state why they think it is an error.

Another thing I'd like is the ability to reopen a closed bug by someone
other than the original poster. There are both bugs and features that are
closed that one may want to comment on.

Peter