[Asterisk-Dev] Features requests on bugs.digium.com

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Sat Jan 1 02:15:17 MST 2005

> > Well, many projects use their -dev lists to actually propose, comment
> > on and hash out new features, so that they don't get put into the
> > "tracking" system until there's a base of support and usually some
> > code behind it. Asterisk is the only project I've ever participated in
> > with a (nearly) silent -dev list, and all the discussions happening on
> > IRC or non-public channels.

Yeah - that is unusual.

I know for myself - I just don't have the available time to sit on IRC.
It's been hard enough to have time for what I want to do in Asterisk.

I've neither time nor bandwidth to sit on an IAX conf.  Not to mention
that my time zone is GMT+2 so far from US time.

And I really don't see bugs.digium.com as an efficient forum for
"discussion".

So using the mailing list for this sort of interaction would be much
better for me, at least...

Steve