[Asterisk-Dev] RTP not sending UDP checksums?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Feb 28 10:45:01 MST 2005

--On Monday, February 28, 2005 09:38 +0100 Andreas Sikkema
<andreas.sikkema at ritstele.com> wrote:

> asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
>
>> I'm running asterisk on Linux kernel 2.6.7-1-686-smp. When I
>> do a tcpdump of traffic to/from asterisk/device tcpdump
>> reports that asterisk (linux) is not generating UDP checksums.
>
> Are you capturing on the same machine as Asterisk is running?
> If so, then the process of capturing might be done before
> checksums are created.

This is a possibility, there are a decent number of hardware supported
offload engines built into ethernet cards nowadays....though I don't know
how many support UDP...but if yours does then you could end up without UDP
checksums until it actually goes out on the wire.