[Asterisk-Dev] rfc2833 DTMFs sent with bad timestamps (patch)

Frank van Dijk f.v.dijk at home.nl
Sun Feb 27 18:46:32 MST 2005

Brian West wrote:

> Ya i see this but when I did the last fix on the DTMF I used a lucent
> TNT and a 7960 which didn't ever increment the timestamps from digit
> to digit.  So either these aren't totally compliant or the RFC warp
> them too! :P

Hm... reading the RFC I get to impression that it wants to give a
gateway converting from RTP to PSTN the ability to inject inband DTMF
converted from RFC2833 packets at exactly the right location into the
(analog or ISDN or..) voice stream. Exactly the right location being
where the DTMF was detected at the point where it entered the IP
network. That would require accurate timestamps, so that would be a
compelling argument for using 'real' timestamps i.s.o constant or fake
ones, IMHO.

--

mvrgr Frank