[Asterisk-Dev] rfc2833 DTMFs sent with bad timestamps (patch)

Frank van Dijk f.v.dijk at home.nl
Sat Feb 26 13:54:27 MST 2005

Brian West wrote:

> Actually now that I'm looking at this more.. and wraping my brain
> around the RFC what looks like could be done is the timestamp must
> stay the same for the same event maybe and only change from event to
> event?  I can't really make sense of some of the RFC in that respect.

yes, I think it should work that way.

Attached is a summary of an ethereal trace that shows the cisco gateway
I talk to does change the ts from event to event but not for packets of
the same event.

>> Put your patch on the bug tracker and i'll show you how it breaks it.

I will. But I don't have access to a paper fax today for that waiver :-(

And before someone checks it in, I would like to know if it wasn't the
timestamp's constantness, then *what else* was broken that the
patch-2928 fixed, because anything that was broken then may break again
when fixing my issue.

--

mvrgr Frank van Dijk