[Asterisk-Dev] rfc2833 DTMFs sent with bad timestamps (patch)

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Sat Feb 26 12:17:37 MST 2005

> If my reasoning is correct here, then the question is (1) why then did
> patch-2928 fix your problem and (2) would my patch break it ?  Any
> chance you still have a trace of your problem lying around somewhere,
> or would it be possible to retest ?

1. The patch fixes the problem because you DO NOT increment the
timestamps as per the RFC.

2. Your patch would break it because if asterisk increments every
timestamp on rtp type 101 gateways will ignore the dtmf and not play
it.

Put your patch on the bug tracker and i'll show you how it breaks it.

/b