[Asterisk-Dev] Dev Con: Time to drop the 2 in IAX2?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Feb 24 12:22:55 MST 2005

I'm involved in a preliminary effort to see if we couldn't get IAX
written up and turned into an official draft RFC.

One thing that has come up in our discussions has been the question of
what, if anything, the 2 now represents in operational terms.  I
wouldn't think there are any systems left laying around that would mind
if it were dropped.

It sure would look better, IMO, than trying to explain in the document,
"This version supercedes IAX V.1, which hasn't been in use for over a
year, was never really documented and doesn't exist anywhere inside the
source tree."

I may be missing something, of course.  Hence this post.

Thanks.

B.